For the first time in the eight year (!) history of Literary Vice I am planning to take a holiday from posting (just for the months of July and August). Emphasis on planning. I may still insist on writing a couple of reviews.
But! I don’t – at all – want to leave you without reviews to read. So. This is my call for guest authors. I’d love for *you* to write a review in your own style, in your own voice, of whatever it is that you like to read. Who knows. Maybe we’ll make having guest authors a thing.
- You are willing to write an original review;
- You are not marketing a book in writing your review;
- Reviews need to be submitted by June 28 so that I can prepare a scheduled release date for the post.
Questions you might have:
- Length of review is entirely up to you (most of my posts fall somewhere between 500-750 words);
- You can review something I’ve reviewed in the past and dis/agree with my reading of it (in fact I think a review disagreeing would be fun);
- You can review any genre (given my propensity to only review fiction it might be nice to have some non-fiction reviews. That’s a lie. Who would that be nice for?!);
- You can review something you think I should read and make the argument for why I should read it;
- No compensation. Just glory.
Other things you want to know? Questions or concerns? Send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or however you best like to get in touch with me.
Please let me know by June 11 if you’re interested in writing a review, so that if no one is interested I can do a scramble to figure out what to do instead. Please don’t leave me to scramble. I am not well coordinated and scrambling will likely lead to a bashed up knee or something.
Yours in reading,