Thanks for all the suggestions on what to read this summer. I’ve collected your suggestions and decided what to read:
- Infinite Jest, David Foster Wallace (because there’s only so many times it can be recommended before I’m a fool not to read it)
- Do Not Say We Have Nothing, Madeline Thein (as suggested by many, plus I loved Thein’s other stuff)
- The Good Earth, Pearl S. Buck (chosen for bookclub and because Buck uses a middle initial)
- Kindred, Octavia Butler (because fantasy and classic and feminism combine)
- The Noise of Time, Julian Barnes (because L. told me to read it and I’ll read anything she tells me to read.And then ask for a gold star.)
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secret and some other parts of the title (chosen by A. who is hip and young and so must be listened to)
- Ancillary Justice (beccause L. and K. agreed and I did say I wanted fantasy)
I’m stopping at seven to make space for the collasal investment of time that will be Infinite Jest. And because maybe I’ll want to read something else inbetween.
Want to read one of these with me? Let me know your choice and we can do some virtual (or physical) book clubbing.
One response to “Summer Reading List: Get Excited for Reviews?”
This is a very ambitious list! I will take note and try a few myself!